Open position at the REC’s head office in Hungary - Human Resources Administrator
The following position is open at the REC’s head office in Hungary:
Human Resources Administrator
(Ref. no.: 2018/14)
The Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe (REC) is an international organisation with a mission to contribute to transparency, sustainability and European integration, implementing projects that build resilience to climate change, promote clean energy solutions, champion sustainable mobility and strengthen environmental governance in Central and Eastern Europe and beyond.
The organisation was established in 1990 by the United States, the European Commission and Hungary. Today, the REC is legally based on a charter with over 30 signatories. The organisation relies on a network of offices and experts in Central and Eastern Europe and beyond. Its head office is located in Szentendre, Hungary.
The REC fullfils its mission by promoting cooperation among governments, non-governmental organisations, businesses and other stakeholders, and by supporting the free exchange of information and public participation.
The REC is seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who will assist in the development and implementation of effective Human Resource activities within the organisation.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Organising and maintaining personnel records, updating HR-related databases;
- Managing the attendance related procedures, including liaising with the external payroll company, preparing social insurance and employment-related reports towards tax and social insurance authorities;
- Maintaining the administration of compensation and other benefit elements;
- Preparing regular and ad-hoc HR reports and statistics;
- Preparing various HR documents e.g. declarations, certificates, authorisations;
- Processing applications for identity cards, residence permits and visa for expatriates;
- Filing and maintaining the administration of subcontract requests;
- Supporting employment-related contract preparation process;
- Assisting the recruitment process by organising interviews, selection tests, etc.;
- Supporting new hire's and exit procedures;
- Organising yearly medical check-up and liaising with external health provider;
- Ensuring enforcement and compliance with organization-wide HR policies;
- Answering employees’ queries about HR-related issues;
- Supporting the Human Resources Department in special projects as needed.
Experience and skill level required
- 1-3 years of work experience in HR administration;
- Strong content knowledge of the following HR topic(s): attendance procedures and related social insurance issues, employment regulations and HR practices;
- Demonstrated technical/administrative expertise;
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail;
- Good organisational skills;
- Ability to prioritise and work with tight deadlines;
- High level of confidentiality;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Good command of English and Hungarian;
- Computer literacy.
- Higher degree with specialization in a relevant field (HR management, payroll processing, social insurance regulations, etc.);
- Or college / university degree in personnel (human resources) and/or business administration.
- A dynamic, professional and multinational working environment;
- Competitive salary and other compensation elements;
- Working equipment;
- Opportunity for professional learning and development;
Terms of employment
This full-time position is based at the REC’s head office in Szentendre, Hungary. The position is for a fixed period of 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Candidates should send a detailed CV and a motivation letter outlining their interest in the position and their qualifications in English (only English-language applications will be considered) by June 3, 2018, to:
Human Resources Department
Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe
H-2000, Szentendre, Ady Endre út 9-11.
Please include the position reference number in your application. If applying by email, please indicate the position reference number in the subject line.
The REC is committed to ensuring equal opportunity in all aspects of employment regardless of nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, political affiliation, religious background, sexual orientation, age, disability, professional affiliation or any other circumstances having no direct connection with employment in the organisation.
By applying for the above position, candidates accept that during the recruitment process The Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe handles their personal data according to the applicable EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).